Thanks to funding from the City of Edinburgh Council, the free swimming intitiative will be on offer at all Edinburgh Leisure pools from 20th December until 5th January (inclusive)*. As before, Primary School children can swim for free during ANY listed Public Swim session. Remember that children under 5 swim for free all year round at every Edinburgh Leisure pool.
When is the free swimming available?
We've created a handy at a glance guide to all Public Swim sessions over the holidays, so you can see when open swimming is available for families.
The earlier you get there the more fun you can have; we recommend arriving no later than half an hour before the Public Swim session's finish time. It's important that children are safe whilst in the swimming pools. To make sure they enjoy their swim time and stay safe, our normal adult/child ratios will be observed (see below).
*Please note - the free sessions are only available at the venues and Public Swim times mentioned. Venue opening times may vary because of the festive holidays.
- Under 5 years old: one adult to one child (with or without armbands), or one adult to two children with armbands
- 5 to 8 years old: one adult to two children (with or without armbands)
- Mixed ages: one adult to one child under five with armbands, and one 5 - 8 years old (with or without armbands)
- Over 9 years old: children can use the swimming pool on their own
Our swimming pools:
- Ainslie Park Leisure Centre (0131 551 2400)
- Dalry Swim Centre (0131 313 3964)
- Drumbrae Leisure Centre (0131 312 7957
- Gracemount Leisure Centre (0131 658 1940)
- Leith Victoria Swim Centre (0131 555 4728)
- Portobello Swim Centre (0131 669 6888)
- Queensferry High (0131 319 3222) - please note that due to the school closure, the pool will not be available 24th Dec until 3rd January inclusive
- Royal Commonwealth Pool (0131 667 7211)
- Warrender Swim Centre (0131 447 0052)
SWIMMING VENUES OPENING TIMES LEAFLET: